I made a delicious vegan peach crisp while peaches were in season this year. It was easy, tasty, and vegan! With the cooler weather here, this recipe could easily be made with apples for a cozy autumn dessert.
peaches, peeled and sliced, enough to fill your pie plate or casserole
1 cup rolled oats
1/3 cup white flour
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/3 melted vegan margarine (Vegan Becel, Earth Balance, etc.)
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
preheat oven to 375 degrees
1. peel and slice peaches (apples) and place them in a lightly greased pie plate or casserole (whatever size suits you)
2. in a bowl, combine the oats, flour, salt, cinnamon, and sugar and mix with a spoon until combined
3. in a separate bowl or saucepan melt margarine (could easily use butter if you are not vegan)
4. add the melted margarine to the oat mixture, and combine
5. spread crumble mixture over the peaches, spreading evenly
6. bake in a 375 degree over for 30 minutes, or until golden
7. let cool slightly and enjoy while still warm. I topped mine with a scoop of vanilla soy ice ‘cream’.